17/06/2011 Leave a comment
If you are getting an error when backup operation like :
Cannot open backup device ‘E:\yedekk\spbr000000000BE.bak’. Operating system error 3(The system cannot find the path specified.).
BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.
Ensure that the following are given the Full Control file share and NTFS permissions for the backup shared folder:
- The account used by the SQL Server service account.
- The Windows SharePoint Services Timer V4 (SPTimerV4) account.
- The logged on account, if you are using Windows PowerShell to perform the backup or restore.
- If the backup folder is a network share, ensure that all accounts that are listed above have access to both the share and the folder itself.
- If you are performing a backup or restore operation between two SharePoint farms, services on both farms must have the permissions described above.
Step by Step Configuration
1) Creating a backup folder where we want to store sharepoint backup files on specified computer in your domain. After that you have to share this path and create a network path .
2) If you create the shared folder on a computer other than the one running SQL Server, ensure that the service account for SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER) is using a domain user account and that it has Full Control permissions on the shared folder.Give Full Control for SQL Server Service Account .You can find SQL Server Service Account that first connect your SQL Server -> Start -> All Programs -> Microsoft SQL Server 2008 -> Configuration Tools -> SQL server configuration Manager.
3) Give Full Control to Sharepoint Timer Service Account. for do that connect your Microsoft Sharepoint Server 2010 installed machine and run-> services.msc
5) Lets configure our sharepoint from Central Administration. Connect your CA and -> Backup and Restore ->
Configure Backup Settings and type your network path to “Backup File Location” section .
6) Click Ok than perform a backup .
Prepare to back up and recover