23/09/2011 Leave a comment
We have getting more problem after installing September Security Bulletin (MS11-074) if you not have sp1 .So i decided to write an article for that.
we have two known issue:
Issue #1- Users unable to browse Publishing sites
Actually i didnt face this problem yet but for this in Tehnoon Raza blog says:
This issue affects the ability of users to browse to and use SharePoint Publishing sites. When browsing to the site, users may experience the following error:
“An Unexpected error has occurred”
Following error is reported in the ULS logs or on the SharePoint page if the “CallStack” attribute of set to “true” in the web.config file:
Method not found: ‘Void Microsoft.Office.Server.WebControls.AudienceLoader.GetAudiencesFetchedDuringPageRequest(System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<System.Guid,Boolean> ByRef, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<System.String,Boolean> ByRef, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<System.String,Boolean> ByRef)’.
Issue #2- Unable to Manage User Profile Service Application
the main problem is when you try to open User Profile Service Application , you are getting a “File Not Found” error :
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly ‘Microsoft.ResourceManagement, Version=4.0.2450.34, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=65bf2559ag374f77′ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfileConfigManager.InitializeIlmClient(String ILMMachineName, Int32 FIMWebClientTimeOut) at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfileConfigManager..ctor(UserProfileApplicationProxy userProfileApplicationProxy, Guid partitionID) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.UserProfiles.AdminUI.ProfileAdminPage.IsProfileSynchronizationRunning()
For resolving this problem you can apply the KB article action plan (but this is not solve the problem) :
To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Central Administration.
- In the System Settings section, click Manage Services.
- Find User Profile Synchronization Service in the list of services. If its status is Started, click Stop. Click Start, and then provide the credentials to start the User Profile Synchronization service.
After do that may be you need a full reset for Sharepoint Machine. i could say this not resolve your problem even if the problem “file not found” has gone. If you try full syncronization you will notice that FIM service gonna hang on MOSS_EXPORT step with an error of “ma-extention-error” and your users not synced at all.
And you can see the error on your Event Viewer Application Log:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. —> System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: ‘Void Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.ProfileManagerBase.UpdateProfileWithBulkProperties(Int64, System.String, System.String, System.Collections.Hashtable)’. at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.ProfileImportExportService.UpdateWithProfileChangeData(Int64 importExportId, ProfileChangeData profileChangeData) — End of inner exception stack trace — at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object parameters, CultureInfo culture) at Microsoft.Office.Server.WebServiceDirectProxy.WebMethodInfo.Invoke(Object webServiceInstance, Object args) at Microsoft.Office.Server.WebServiceDirectProxy.Invoke(String methodName, Object args) at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.ManagementAgent.ProfileImportExportDirect.UpdateWithProfileChangeData(Int64 importExportId, ProfileChangeData profileChangeData) at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.ManagementAgent.ProfileImportExportExtension.Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.IMAExtensibleCallExport.ExportEntry(ModificationType modificationType, String changedAttributes, CSEntry csentry) Forefront Identity Manager 4.0.2450.34
The problem has been caused due to inconsistent assembly versions on the SharePoint servers after the installation of the package KB2560890. Multiple packages were released as part of the security bulletin that affect SharePoint 2010 and all applicable packages must be installed on SharePoint servers to ensure that version inconsistencies are not created in the environment. However, it has been observed that only KB2560890 was pushed to servers via WSUS, resulting in the SharePoint assemblies being in an inconsistent state and creating dependency issues
Only known resolution yet:
Install SP1 and Lasted CU.
iSP1 + June Cu there are lots of fixes over all included in it, and also from June Cu we have new bits for the FIM agent and some performance improvements.
Anyway, after applying the udpates and patches, you should recreate the UPA as well to gain full functionality of all added fixes.
But don’t forget that the SP1 and Lasted CU has also some known issues . For preventing problems please check the microsoft release documents and blogs in Technet.
Prepare to deploy software updates (SharePoint Server 2010)
Sharepoint SP1 and June CU information
Have a nice patching.