Language packs enable site owners and site collection administrators to create SharePoint sites and site collections in multiple languages without requiring separate installations of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
You must install the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 language packs before you install the Office SharePoint Server 2007 language packs.
You must install the language packs in the correct order. The correct order is as follows:
1.Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 language pack
2.Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 SP1 or SP2 language pack
3.Office SharePoint Server 2007 language pack
4.Office SharePoint Server 2007 SP1 or SP2 language pack
- You must be a member of the Administrators group on the front-end Web server to install these language files. After the language files are installed, the languages are available to all users of the computer.
- If you are uninstalling a Microsoft Office Server product, you must uninstall all language packs before you uninstall the product.
- If you are running Service Pack 2 (SP2) of Office SharePoint Server 2007 you only have to download the SP2 language packs. The SP2 language packs include all materials that are in the SP1 language packs.
- You must download both the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 language packs and the Office SharePoint Server 2007 language packs.
For each Service Pack do the following :
1. Disconnect users from the server farm by stopping the World Wide Web Publishing service (w3svc) on all Web servers.
2. Begin the software installation on the server hosting the central admin web site
3. At the end of the software update installation, the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard start Note: If the wizard does not start automatically, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard.
4. On the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard Welcome page, click Next.
5. In the dialog box that notifies you that some services might need to be restarted during configuration, click Yes.
6. On the Completing the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard page, click Next.
7. When the dialog box about installation in a server farm appears, do not click OK. Instead, leave each server with the following dialog box displayed: – THIS IS CRITICAL TO THE SUCCESSFUL INSTALL.
You must run Setup to install new binary files for every server in your server farm. If you have multiple servers in your server farm, run Setup and the configuration wizard on the other servers now, and then return to this server and click OK to continue.
8. When the dialog box from the previous step is displayed on all Web servers in the server farm, use one Web server that hosts the Central Administration Web site to finalize the installation.
9. On the server you selected in the previous step (Step 2), click OK.
10. On the Configuration Successful page, click Finish. 11. Continue updating the remaining computers in the server farm, one at a time, by clicking OK in the dialog box.
For More Information and Resources: